This is the Privacy Statement for Blue Ring Digital Services Limited, a company registered in England (company number 12709437) with a registered office at 186 Wetmore Road, Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 1QZ in relation to the use of personal information provided in relation to the use of the websites and services provided at blue-ring.co.uk and/ or employement at Blue Ring Digital Services Limited, where applicable.
This document is applicable to customers, users and employees of Blue Ring Digital Services Limited.
"Privacy Statement" refers to this Privacy Statement.
"You", "Your" refers to You the customer, user or employee of Blue Ring Digital Services Limited.
"We", "Us", "Our", "Blue Ring Digital Services Limited" refers to Blue Ring Digital Services Limited.
"Our Website" refers to Our Website (blue-ring.co.uk).
We know that You will want to know exactly what information We gather about You as a user of Our Website, and how We intend to use (and just as importantly, not use) that information.
We will try to keep everything in this document as straightforward as possible, but if there’s anything You don’t understand, please get in touch with Us.
The headings in this Privacy Statement are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
The masculine shall include the feminine and the neuter and the singular the plural and vice versa.
If any provision or part of any provision of these Privacy Statement is found by a court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, such provision or part of a provision shall be deleted from these Privacy Statement and the remaining provisions or parts of the provision shall continue to be in full force and effect.
Why We collect Your personal information
We collect Your personal information to provide Our Website to You and any contracted products and/ or services, with Your consent.
All personal information is held and processed in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What personal information We collect and how
Information You give us
- When You create an account or begin employement We collect information that allows Us to set up or open Your account, such as Your name, date of birth, address, email address, phone number and password;
- When You contact Us for any reason including for support or to give Us feedback;
- When You participate in optional surveys or product research;
- Any information You type in or attach and submit while using Our Website.
Information We get when You use Our website
- Your Internet Protocol ("IP") address which is automatically logged by Our Website;
- Your device and browser details;
- Your device advertising identifiers, such as iOS IDFAs and Android Advertising IDs;
- Your usage information such as the pages You viewed and the features You use on Our Website;
- Any information You type in or attach and submit while using Our Website.
Information from Cookies
How We Use Your personal Information
In general, We will use the personal information We collect from You only for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement or for purposes We provide at the time We collect Your personal information.
We only collect personal information to:-
- Provide You with the use of Our Website, and its features;
- Personalise Your experience;
- Provide technical support;
- Provide the services You request;
- Protect the security and safety of Our Website, Our customers, Blue Ring Digital Services Limited, and others;
- Comply with legal obligations;
- Otherwise operate Our business.
Communicating with you
From time to time We may communicate with You, including but not limited to:
- Provide You with important information about Our Website;
- Send You information about Blue Ring Digital Services Limited, other Blue Ring Digital Services Limited products and services, special offers, and Our Website software updates;
- To check the information We hold is correct;
- Send You information concerning Your employement with Blue Ring Digital Services Limited (where applicable).
Analysing Your personal Information
We may use both manual and automated systems, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, to:-
- Analyse Your information to improve Our Website and personalise Your experience;
- Automate certain aspects of Our Website;
- Protect the safety and security of Our Website, Our customers, employees and others.
How We Share Your personal Information
From time to time, We may need to share Your personal information, but We will only share Your personal information for the following reasons:-
- With Your consent;
- For legal reasons.We may share Your personal information with third-parties for legal reasons, including:
- To prevent fraud and for debt collection;
- To enforce, remedy, or apply Our Terms of Service, Licence Agreement and other agreements;
- To protect against or defend Our Website against attacks;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Blue Ring Digital Services Limited, Our Website, Our customers, or others;
- When We reasonably believe disclosure is required or permitted in order to comply with a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- If We are involved with a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation, bankruptcy, or the acquisition of all or part of Our business to another company, We may share Your information with that company and its advisors before and after the transaction date.
What You Can Do To Manage Your Privacy
You can manage all of Your privacy options from the GDPR Centre in Your account settings. This includes options to:-
- View or download a copy of the personal information We hold for You;
- Delete all or part of the personal information We hold;
- Change marketing and contact preferences.
Data Retention AND destruction
Unless You specifically request Your information to be deleted and/ or de-identified via the GDPR Centre in Your account settings, We retain Your information for up-to 6 years following Your last interaction with Us; depending on the information categorie. After the defined period has elapsed Your personal information will be deleted and/ or de-identified from Our Website. We will contact You 30 days before this happens to notify, regardless of Your contact prefrences.
Due to legal obligations it may not be possible to remove all of Your personal information, when Your request, before the defined retention period.
There may be occasions where We are unable to fully delete or de-identify Your information due to technical or other operational reasons, for example where Your information has been archived onto back-up systems. Where this is the case, We will take reasonable measures to securely isolate Your information from any further processing until such time as We are able to delete or de-identify it.
Please see Our Data Retention and Destruction Policy for more information.
Keeping Your Personal information up-to-date
We will contact You via Your registered e-mail address once every 365 days to remind You that We hold Your personal information, and request that You update this in Your online account if needed. This is to ensure that Your personal information remains up-to-date and serves as a reminder to You as to where and what personal information is held.
You have certain rights with respect to Your information that We collect and process. We respond to all requests We receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. To file a request or take action on one of Your rights, please contact Us.
Access, Correction or Deletion
You can access, correct or delete Your personal information by using Your account Settings.
Please note that even if You request for Your information to be deleted, certain aspects may be retained for us:-
- To meet Our legal or regulatory compliance (e.g. maintaining records of transactions You have made with Us);
- To exercise, establish or defend legal claims;
- To protect against fraudulent or abusive activity on Our Website;
- Due to technical reasons;
- Due to operational reasons.
Personal information retained for these reasons will be stored and process in accordance with Our Data Retention and Destruction Policy.
Objection and Restriction
You may object to Our processing of Your personal information or ask Us to restrict processing of Your personal information.
You may request portability of Your personal information.
If We have collected and processed Your personal information with Your consent, You can withdraw Your consent at any time. Withdrawing Your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing We conducted prior to Your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of Your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
File a complaint
You have the right to file a complaint with Us about Our collection and processing of Your personal information, this can be done via Our contact page. For more information on how We deal with complaints please see Our Complaints Policy.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office ("ICO"), which can be done via there website (https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint) or by telephone (03031231113).
Security of Your personal Information
We understand that the security of Your personal information is important to You. We provide appropriate technical and organisational security controls to protect Your personal information. However, even with Our best efforts, We cannot ensure or warrant the security of Your personal information. See how to Protect Your Information, where You can find out more about how We protect Your personal information and the steps You can take to help protect Your personal information.
international Data Transfers
All information is processed and stored in the UK. We do not process or store Your information in other countries, however Your personal information may be transfered outside of the UK, if You are accessing Our Website via a PROXY service or from another country, to service Your requests.
Collection and Use of Children’s Personal Information
Our Website is intended for and directed to individuals 18 or over and We do not knowingly collect information from minors.
Personal Information as a data processor
Blue Ring Digital Services Limited may hold Your personal information in cases where We act as a data processor. Please note that this information will not be accessible to You through the GDPR Centre within Your account, and it falls outside the scope of this Privacy Statement. For further details, please refer to Our Data Processing Agreement.
If You suspect that We are processing Your personal data on behalf of a third party, We kindly request that You contact the third party directly to make requests regarding access, correction, or deletion of Your personal data.
This Privacy Statement only covers Our Website. Any other websites which may be linked to by Our Website are subject to their own policy, which may differ from Ours.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement replaces all previous versions. We reserve the right to change the Privacy Statement at any time.