Here are some tips for you to follow:
- Use a different password for each online account, see Username and password best practices;
- Use an anti-virus software program and make sure you have it set up to update and scan your system automatically;
- Ensure your computer and internet browser are up to date by running updates as requested. Visit the manufacturer’s website and download any updates as needed;
- Change your password frequently;
- If you are a victim of identity theft, contact your affected financial institutions (banks, credit card companies) and contact the following organisations which maintain information about your credit ratings.