How do I setup the PayPal payments module?
To enable PayPal payments to be taken on your store, the PayPal module must first be setup. To do this do the following:-
- First tap or click Ecommerce from the menu;
- Then tap or click Payment Options;
- Then tap or click PayPal;
- Now complete the displayed fields:-
- Payment option status - Set this to Enabled so that PayPal payments can be taken or Disabled to turn PayPal payments off;
- Live or Sandbox mode - This should be set to Live unless you are testing in which case select Sandbox;
- Paypal Business ID - This is your PayPal registered e-mail address;
- Paypal PDT Token - This is the generated PDT Token (sometimes called 'Your identity token') in your PayPal business account;
- To find out how to create a PDT Token see How do I create a PayPal Payment Data Transfer (PDT token)?
- Availability - You can allow PayPal payments Worldwide or only in certain regions, like Europe.
- Finally tap or click Save Changes.
If a customer places an order using this payment option their order will be set as Payment received - preparing for dispatch.