How do I create and offer a Discount Coupon?
To offer discount coupons on your site you will need to create them first, where you can specify the discount amount, number of uses and how long the discount is valid for.
To create a discount coupon do the following:-
- First tap or click Ecommerce from the menu;
- Then tap or click Payment Options;
- Then tap or click Create a coupon under Discount Coupons;
- Now complete the displayed fields:-
- Coupon name - set a useful description for this coupon (this can be displayed to the customer);
- Coupon code - enter the code you want your customers to use (i.e. 15OFF) or leave this field blank and one will automatically be created;
- Coupon value - enter the value of this coupon (i.e. 15.00) - you will select if this is a fixed amount or a percentage in the Coupon value type;
- Coupon value type - here you will select if the amount you entered above is a fixed value or a percentage, and whether or not shipping will be free;
- Should shipping costs be included in the discount calculations - select if shipping costs should be included in the discount calculation;
- Minimum order value - set the minimum order value that this coupon will be allowed to for;
- Maximum uses per user - set the number of times the same customer can use this discount coupon;
- Can this coupon be used on products that already have a special/ discounted price - if you have already discounted a product you can select if this coupon will further discount the price or not;
- Coupon valid to - select the date that this coupon will expire and can no longer be used.
- Finally tap or click Create.