Video Walkthrough: Let’s show you how to create a Carousel item
This is the complete video for Let’s show you what a Carousel is, and how to create, edit, and delete them, but will automatically play just the relevant section for How do I create a new Carousel item? You can watch the full video by moving the play bar indicator to the begining.
How do I create a new Carousel item?
To create a new Carousel item do the following:-
First tap or click Carousels from the menu;
- Then tap or click Create a new carousel item;
- Now complete the displayed fields:-
- Carousel title - You should keep this less than 5 words long, and be sure to include at least 1 keyword to help boost your on page SEO. This will also be used as your home page title, if it is the first carousel displayed.
- Carousel subtitle - You should keep this less than 10 words long, and be sure to include at least 2 keywords to help boost your on page SEO.
- Carousel tags - These are generally optional, but including them can help boost your on page SEO. If you have used tags on other carousels that you have created, they will be displayed below. Simply tap or click one of them to add them as a tag for this carousel too. Be sure to separate each tag with a comma. Tags are not to be confused with hashtags that are used on social platforms, or marketing campaign tags, like the ones in Google Tag Manager.
- Carousel description - You should keep this less than 25 words long, and be sure to include at least 2 keywords to help boost your on page SEO.
- Carousel button link - Use the drop down box and select where visitors should be directed to when clicking the carousel button. You can choose to direct your visitor to another page you have created, a section on your home page (like your contact form), one of your social platforms, or if you select your contact number here your visitors mobile device will initiate a telephone call.
- Carousel button text - Give the button a descriptive label, something that will make your visitor want to tap or click it. You should keep this 3 or 4 words long and be sure that the label relates to the link you selected above. To help boost your on page SEO, avoid generic terms like 'Click Here', or 'Read More'.
- Carousel display enabled - Use the switch to activate or deactivate this carousel item. When deactivated this carousel item will not be displayed, which is a handy option to use if you only need to show this at certain times and prevents you having to delete and recreate it when you need it again.
- Then tap or click Create;
- Now that the carousel item has been created you can select an image for it, tap or click Set carousel image - you will be directed to the Media screen, where you can upload a new image or select an existing one. Once an image is selected or uploaded it will automatically be set as the carousel image. See, How do I use the Media screen? for more details